Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Kiwi Classroom: Technology Can't Be More Advanced Than That!

This classroom is by far one of the most technological classrooms I have ever seen. All of the students use technology in almost everything they do from writing on the smartboard to showing YouTube videos. This is living proof of the advantages of a widespread amount of technology in the classroom and just how focused students are learning from something electronically created than just from reading a book and talking about it. This is the future of education and everyone needs to step on board!

I remember back when I was in elementary school and all we had were dusty overhead projectors that would burn out every couple of hours if left on too long. We rarely had access to the computer, and if we did it was just for a short time and was only for hearing sounds and seeing pictures with no instructional activity involved. So personally, I wish I was a kid in this era and was able to have the opportunity to get my hands on all of these technological wonders.


So much can be taken away from this video and used for the classroom in so many ways I cannot even list. Having certain websites like Tutpup are great tools to increase learning and basic web skills. I have said this time and time again but teachers NEED this kind of education in their classroom. It is paramount to the children's education and with better technology and understanding of technology, these students will no doubt pay attention to anything that you put in front of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment